Hard skills are generally more important to hiring managers because they relate to on-the-job knowledge and specific experience with a certain technology or process. This section, however, is not just a list of your previous sql server dba responsibilities. It’s meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular sql server dba position you’re applying to.
- When you submit your resume for a database administrator role, it’s likely that it will be scanned by an applicant tracking system for certain keywords.
- Technical Architecture review of new and existing customer database work requests and what is technically possible in any given scenario.
- Recruiters and hiring managers suggest fitting your resume on one page.
- Use these resumes as templates to get help creating the best Database Administrator resume.
- FAQs If you have questions about resumes, cover letters, or CVs, we answer hundreds of them here.
They may need to validate data and perform extensive testing to ensure that the database systems and access programs meet the end user’s requirements. SQL Server DBAs also ensure that data is intact, correct, and accessible after a server migration or backup.
SQL Server Dba/developer
Developed a SQL Server monitoring system for the 160+ SQL Server instances in the company. This application brought InfoUsa SQL Server administration under control. Set up the company’s RAC clusters and migrated database to the cluster database. Getting an industry-recognized certification will improve your chances of landing a job as a database administrator, regardless of whether you’re new to the field or if you already have a couple of years of experience. Get all the help you need to create a professional resume in minutes. Creation and administration of DTS/SSIS packages via SSMS Export Wizard interface.
- Recruiters prefer this format as it gives importance to the professional experience more than other features.
- Monitoring and maintaining log shipping between production SQL Servers and Contingency servers.
- Every version of Windows consists of GUI , with a desktop that allows the user to open their files.
- Generated and scheduled on-demand reports for business analyses and management decisions with SSRS.
Fine tuning of database objects and server to ensure efficient data retrieval. Developed load procedures using SQL and other procedures to keep the Database current. Presented to management on a weekly basis the progress and issues regarding their data. Modeled the Logical database and the major entities and relationships. Developed the physical database using SQL Server and Visio Diagrams in cooperation with the IRS team members. Collaborated with faculty member, scientist and staff to design data intensive applications to capture, organize, analyze and report on data collected from scientific experiments and external sources.
Include Education Details in Your SQL DBA Resume
Used Quest Spotlight and Confio Ignite monitoring tools to assess various aspects of system performance on numerous SQL Server instances. Configured and supported replication and log shipping in both SQL 2008 and 2012. Exceptional ability to gather and translate complex user requirements into practical, cost-effective software solutions. Rewrote and tuned long-running SQL queries to cut execution time, ease database load and improve scalability.
Performed database installs and upgrades, performance tuning, analyzed performance issues, setup of user access, backup and recovery. When listing skills on your sql server dba resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability.
SQL Database Administrator Resume Sample
With Zippia’s resume builder, you can put together a modern-looking resume in less than 10 minutes. Just choose a resume template that suits your what is sql dba style, answer some questions about your background, and you’ll have a resume that’ll pass muster with both the ATS and the hiring manager.
Developed, tested & implemented a robust database backup and recovery strategy with client assistance. Customized support for Client’s Applications and provided client will won the responsibility of creating and maintaining database objects and structures such as tables, indexes, views, triggers, Functions, Procedures.